Saturday, January 3, 2009

PREGNANT!?!

Well, I thought that this might be a good way to keep friends and family updated on my pregnancy. Dan and I are very excited to share this experience with the people we love. I suppose I will start from the beginning for those of you I have not had the chance to talk to yet. This past Monday Dan and I found out I was pregnant. We already had an idea, but after four negative home pregnancy tests, I went to the doctor and they confirmed it. They originally estimated that I am about 7 weeks-making my due date somewhere around August 23rd. I set up an appointment with an OB in our area and because I have had some cramping they wanted to see me right away. They did blood tests and said everything looked fine--I may have just been dehydrated. I have been drinking a lot of water and the cramping has gotten better. They also wanted to see me right away because I have a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden that increases my chances of getting blood clots and can cause me to miscarry pretty easily. So I went in yesterday for my first ultrasound. Dan was able to get off work early and join me. We had a little bit of a scare because they could not find the baby or the yolk sac. But after looking at my blood tests, they think that I am probably only about 4 weeks along. They took my blood again and I have an appoinment on Monday for another ultrasound to see if they can see the baby yet. They also told me I need to start taking baby asprin- one every day of my pregnancy, to keep my blood thin. And as soon as the baby has a heart beat, I will have to give myself a daily injection of Lovinox-a blood thinner- into my belly. I guess I am quickly going to have to outgrow my fear of needles :) I have felt really good so far. No morning sickness or anything. A little heart burn but nothing too bad. And I have been a little tired so my two week break from work has been a blessing. So that is about all we know at this point. We will know a little more hopefully on Monday. Dan and I are so excited, we really can not even express how blessed we feel! Although we did not plan on kids for a couple years after the wedding, we are really excited about sharing this experience and know that it will only make our marriage stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment